FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular, paths

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee115
Particular, paths
on Aug 1, 2005 at 11:08:57 pm

I'm just learning a few things with particular and i was wondering if anyone could help me out with this.
I made a short graphic of 'epic' being written in smoke. I started by drawing a path of when i wanted the smoke to go and then i just moved the emitter along the path a little at a time and set key frames mainly by guessing. It took a couple of go's but I got it.

epicsmoke

My question is, can you make the emitter just follow a path over time like you would in 3d stroke? It took me about an hour and a half the way I did it but would have been alot faster if you could just set the emitter to follow the path and not have heaps of keyframes.

Any help would be cool (hope the link works)

Josh.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Particular, paths
on Aug 2, 2005 at 6:06:47 am

No, not really. Masks are 2D whereas Particular is "true" 3D. Beyond the normal paste-masks-as-paths routine there is no easement.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Lee115
Re: Particular, paths
on Aug 2, 2005 at 6:25:21 am

Would you say that 3d-stroke is not true 3d then as it works from paths. I guess this is why its hard to get exactly what you want with 3d stroke when you start moving the camera around.
I think I just got what you meant in your review of 3d-stroke now, is this the kind of think you were taking about?

Josh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]