FORUMS: list search recent posts

Random rotation in Particular...?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan_W
Random rotation in Particular...?
on Jul 27, 2005 at 12:54:40 am

Loving Particular, but there's still a couple things I wish it could do. One of the most important ones is this; and I wanted to check to be sure I hadn't missed how to do it.

I'd like to have random rotation for particles, and by that I mean that each particle is born with a random rotation value to begin with, as well as a random rotation direction and speed. (on the dream list would be to take it one step further and have rotation about more than just the X axis) but for now I really wish I could figure a way to do just this. I've tried applying a 'random' line to the rotation graph, but as I recall, it affects rotation over time, which isn't what I'm after.

Anybody have any luck with this?

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Random rotation in Particular...?
on Jul 27, 2005 at 6:25:36 am

Use custom particles and animate the parameters of the custom layer. Using Particular's different sampling methods than will doi the rest of the magic.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

thisisthepope
on Jul 27, 2005 at 3:19:04 pm

what I do is use a custom comp layer as a particle and that comp layer contains 3d objects rotating in differnt axis

Return to posts index

Ryan_W
on Jul 27, 2005 at 5:42:46 pm

Well I'll be a son of a fish. I knew I could pre-comp my particles to spin and that I could then pick random frames to generate a random birth rotation, but that still wouldn't give me any random rotation speed/direction. So I set it up and then just to try it, keyframed Rotation Speed and applied the Wiggler to it. I was sure that it would make all the rotation values of the particles rotate in unison, randomly, but to my suprise, it only affected the birth rotation speed, which is what I was after. So yeah, very interesting. Kinda wish there was a Rotation Speed Random, but this'll do. Thanks folks.

Return to posts index

yusuf ozdogan
on Oct 3, 2009 at 1:17:23 pm

another question that I couldnt solve... is there a way to get positions of individual particles!? and control the direction of the particles according to their position via expressions!?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]