FORUMS: list search recent posts

glowy flash fx for logo??

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mikeuk2cl
glowy flash fx for logo??
on Jul 8, 2005 at 5:45:14 pm

i have been playing about with AE and its great, i am learning lots...i think!

I made myself a cool little logo in swift3d, and now i wanna try and add some cool fx

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
Re: glowy flash fx for logo??
on Jul 8, 2005 at 5:57:22 pm

Mike,

I went over to the 2advanced.com site but there are a ton of things there and you did not specificy which one you were looking at. It's hard to know which one you are trying to replicate as you have not said...

Also, there are many, many After Effects tutorials here in the Creative Cow site. You can find them by clicking the "Tutorials" button just below the orange cow at upper left.

Also, if you visit http://www.trapcode.com directly, they also have a bunch of Trapcode-specific tutorials.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
creativecow.net

Return to posts index

mikeuk2cl
on Jul 8, 2005 at 6:10:15 pm

Hi, yes sorry! my bad...I tried to post twice what i wanted and i got some errors and when I pressed the back button all i had written I had lots, i got a little annoyed..LOL
In 2advance.com if you look under portfolio, there is a tiny box with the 2A logo spinning with some cool fx

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on Jul 9, 2005 at 12:10:38 am

[mikeuk2cl] "...if you have the time to post some tutorials or ideas on how to develop those skills, BRILLIANT!"

For After Effects tutorials, click here (which is just a copy and paste of the link for After Effects tutorials that you can find anytime here in the Cow by clicking on the "Tutorials" button just below the Orange Cow).

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Tom J
on Jul 8, 2005 at 11:54:56 pm

Do you mean the "2" logo for the studio in the top left corner next to the Portfolio header? Using Shine you can do just that by applying the effect to your logo based on the Alpha Channel. Of course there are other ways to enhance the look or to create a more "blooming" effect, but that's a quick and dirty way.

As for tut's, definitely browse the ones here at the Cow, you can't go wrong. Just be creative and apply various techniques that you learn, experiment. Before you know it, you'll be finding new methods that produce pretty cool results.

Also do a search online if you would like for After Effects Tutorials, there are tons of them out there. Here is a list of some:

http://msp.sfsu.edu/Instructors/rey/aepage/tutorials.html

H-A-G-WKD
Tom

Return to posts index

mikeuk2cl
on Jul 9, 2005 at 3:31:43 pm

Hi Tom! yes!!!!, thats the effect i am trying to achieve, i have applied shine and i am playing about with the alpha, but I cant seem to get the jist of it! can gimme some pointers on how to go about it?

thanks

Return to posts index

Tom J
on Jul 10, 2005 at 1:13:40 am

Bare with me, I am typing this as I'm working on something else. It may not be the perfect tut but at least it's a start. The rest is up to you.

Well lets see, do you acutally have an alpha channel to work with? It may not even be used in the settings to be honest but later on you will find that if the Alpha channel is present it will produce a much cleaner effect.

As for the bleached out or blooming effect, you may need to play around with duplicate layers. Ie. Alpha only on one and your acutal logo on another. Or even two copies (separate layers or separate comps) of your logo brought in from your project bin. Do a search online or here at the Cow for Blooming effect, you should find plenty of tips on that.

In one comp version with your duplicate layers you should try the Minimax filter (Channel / Minimax) set the operation to Minimum then Maximum, Radius to 2 or 3, then Channel to Alpha and Color. Then apply a Gaussian Blur set to about 8-12 (horiz and Vert). The Minimax filter will choke your logo if it is using an Alpha channel.

On the other layer you can apply a Stylize / Glow effect (adjust the settings to taste, for example glow threshold to about 45-55, glow radius around 20-35 perhaps, and set it to based on color channels). Then you can apply Shine below that set to white (one color), I would set it to Luminance or maybe a red channel as this should produce a nice overall effect.

At this point you can start all of this with the 1st 3 steps in that Ayato Tut you asked about in the AE Forum. The answer is right there to get the effect you want, you just have to play with different settings, multiple comps or layers, transfer modes, etc. Then when you apply Shine, remember to bring down the ray length to about .5 or .8 somewhere in there and your boost light to around 6-8 (pending taste of course).

The key to a nice blooming effect is to use a blur, glow and even Minimax, and then add shine if you must in a separate comp on top of your pre-comped layers.

Alright, I gotta split, hope this helps. If not do a search here at the Cow either here or in the AE forum for blooming effect or blowing out whites or something along those lines. You'll find something to get you even closer to an end result. The answer is there you just have to experiment.

Good luck :>P
Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]