FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shine help

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ajanka
Shine help
on Jun 28, 2005 at 7:43:04 pm

I am trying to create light shaft from clouds but the rays are not steady. It is like shimmer with full amount plus phase. I tried pre-composed, adjustment layer, all transfer modes, colorize based on alpha edges, alpha, luminance and lightness, detail to 0.0, but the rays are like crazy. Please HELP.

Return to posts index

Vinnie
Re: Shine help
on Jun 29, 2005 at 1:44:18 pm

"but the rays are like crazy"

what do you mean by crazy. Can you get us more info or a sample or something.

moooooo
vinnie

Return to posts index

ajanka
Re: Shine help
on Jun 29, 2005 at 7:25:02 pm

Hi,
please you can see the sample at http://www.poeticvideo.com/videosamples/documentary/shine_sample_Medium.mov. I put transfer mode to add for better ilustration.
Best regards
Petr Kepka

Return to posts index

Vinnie
Re: Shine help....Anybody else seen this before!!!!
on Jun 30, 2005 at 2:41:23 pm

are you puting the shine on a still or is it a moving image? If it is a moving clip then I would try to render out the clip without the shine and deinterlace it. then reapply the effect to the deinterlaced clip. I think there is some field issues you are dealing with. But I am not sure.

I dont think I have ever seen that before. Sorry. If you have tried all the stuff you say, the only other thing I can think of is animating the source point a bit....but is that not what you want I am out of suggestions.

vinnie

Return to posts index

ajanka
Re: Shine help....Anybody else seen this before!!!!
on Jun 30, 2005 at 10:50:45 pm

Hi Vinnie,
Thank you for your interest. It is a clip redered from Avid and open in AE6.5Pro. I have this problem anytime I try light shaft from the clouds. I can do it from still image but never from clip???? I try to use first frame with Sine as a adjustment layer. Not the best but close.
Bets regards
Petr Kepka

Return to posts index

Vinnie
Re: Shine help....
on Jul 1, 2005 at 2:38:43 pm

I got one more try for ya.

Try duplicating the clip layer, applying shine and changing the opacity of the source footage (in the shine effect controls) to zero. And trying playing with clip by making it b&w or something like that. Or even bluring it a bit to soften up those edges. I just thought of this on the way to work.

Good luck.
Vinnie

Return to posts index

Ajanka
Re: Shine help....
on Jul 4, 2005 at 12:27:34 am

Hi Vinnie,
Thank you for your interesting idea, but movement of the rays is still there. BUT you insinpired this solution: I did still from first frame, apply shine and changing the opacity of the source footage (in the shine effect controls) to zero. Apply Gaussian blur (to soften up edges). Finaly no movement and it looks fine!!
Best regards,
Petr Kepka

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]