FORUMS: list search recent posts

Follow 3D Stroke with camera?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Steinberg
Follow 3D Stroke with camera?
on May 23, 2005 at 4:37:50 pm

Greetings!

I am attempting to do an animation with 3D Stroke, but I'm not sure how to do it. Hoping somebody has some tips on the best way to do this:

I'll be importing a piece of simplistic "flash-like" vector art of a neighborhood with houses and streets, and it will look like an areal shot taken at a downward angle of about 45 degrees. Then, from one of the houses a stroke will start growing, and its path will be along the street, making turns as the street turns (in my project, this stroke illustrates underground fiber-optic cabling). The tricky part is that I want to animate my comp camera's position so it comes close to the stroke as it grows, and my camera is finally hovering just above and behind the leading edge of the growing stroke as it keeps growing and turning. So the camera is basically following the path of the stroke. I'm guessing maybe I could use a null object for the cameras position, and have the camera be auto-oriented along its path, but since the 3D Stroke layer is a 2D layer, I can't paste the mask into the nulls position property, since the null layer needs to be 3D for the comp camera to be able to follow it. Or maybe I can? Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way, I sure would appreciate some help on how to accomplish this!

Kind regards,
Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]