FORUMS: list search recent posts

Incorporate a galaxy in Particulars starfield?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Steinberg
Incorporate a galaxy in Particulars starfield?
on May 11, 2005 at 5:47:44 pm

Greetings!

I'm animating a camera in "outer space". I'm using Particulars preset "static starfield", and several 2D images of planets, which are 3D layers and are oriented towrds my AE camera. This works great for faking a 3D "outer space", since the Particular starfield moves logically in relation to the camera movement. But I would like to also have a large, bright galaxy in the background, which also is tied to the Particular starfield in 3D space. Is there a way I could use the aux emitter in Particular to do this, and what settings would I use? Or does anyone have any other advise on how to accomplish a distant galaxy? I also have shine, Lux, 3DStroke.

Kind regards,
Eric

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Incorporate a galaxy in Particulars starfield?
on May 11, 2005 at 7:47:21 pm

I'm not sure but when you say "galaxy" I think of something you can put in a 2d layer just like the planets.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Eric Steinberg
on May 11, 2005 at 9:22:22 pm

Thanks for your reply Peder,

I tried that, but it just didn't seem to be a natural part of the universe created by Particular's starfield when I animated the camera. It seems like I would have to make that 2D "galaxy" layer extremely large (which will cause a big render hit), and place it very far back in Z space. I was hoping I could create something within Particular so it would naturally fit with the rest of the stars. It could be that I'm missing a very obvious way of doing this... I'll keep trying :-)

Kind regards,
Eric

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on May 11, 2005 at 9:52:21 pm

Yes, exactly, put far away and make it big. If you simply scale up using the layer "Scale" property it up it won't be much of a render hit (AFAIK).

Peder

Return to posts index

Eric Steinberg
on May 12, 2005 at 8:21:33 am

Thanks, I've made it work like that! Now my only challenge is how to make the dark shadowy parts of the planets look correct as I move around in 3D space in relation to the bright galaxy "light source". Since I'm faking the planets by using 2D cut-outs auto-oriented towards the camera, instead of real spheres (I've given up on Zaxwerks invigorator, it just crashes too much), this is a challenge. But this is not directly related to any Trapcode plugins, so I've posted this question on the AE forum. Of course, if you have any suggestions...? :-)

Kind regards,
Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]