FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular Blood Splatter

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zarxrax
Particular Blood Splatter
on May 10, 2005 at 6:53:51 pm

I'm using particular to make some cartoony blood explode out of a shotgun wound, and its looking pretty good so far. I need to make the blood splat on the floor though. I set up an invisible 3d plane as a floor layer, and have the blood sticking to it. The particles are spheres though, and when they stick to the floor, they just look like little balls, not blood. I basically need a way to make them appear to "flatten" against the floor layer. Is this possible?

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Particular Blood Splatter
on May 10, 2005 at 7:01:56 pm

I think the best approach here is to use much smaller and many more particles. That way they will stick flat to the floor.

It might also be possible with some kind of custom particle that changes shape but I think the above is best here.

I'd love to see what you make - If you could post a link to a clip here later that would be much appreciated!

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Zarxrax
on May 10, 2005 at 8:05:24 pm

Setting the size down made it look alright. It made the blood spray too fine like a spray of water though, but I think I managed to pull it off pretty well using 2 emitters--one for thick sticky blood flying through the air and another for it splatting on the ground.

I don't think I could post a clip here since it uses copyrighted material. It's just a hobby project that I'm doing. Particular just started painting a red X over my scene while I was finallizing this, so I guess the demo ran out :p Time to save up my money for an academic license.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on May 10, 2005 at 9:03:15 pm

[Zarxrax] "Particular just started painting a red X "

What? the demo version ALWAYS renders the red cross. What did you use to unlock the demo?

If you don't own a legal license you may not use software for anything else than evaluation, not even "hobby" projects. We've tracked your IP and we'll take action immidiatle unless you e-mail me privatly now: peder (at) trapcode.com

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]