FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bouncing on a Keyed Dancer

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marco
Bouncing on a Keyed Dancer
on May 9, 2005 at 8:58:10 am

Hi there!

Just in need of some assistance in regards to the Particular plug-in.
I have filmed a dancer on a blue screen and keyed him out, and also pre-composed the layer so particular
would recognise its alfa channel and have setup a floor with the bounce properties which work perfectly.
I have put the dancer layer in 3d space and used it as the wall in the bounce properties. Now the problem is
that because the layer (film) is 2d it gets almost no bounce from particles. Is there any way or tips you can
give me to make my 2d layer have more depth. I was thinking i could duplicate the layer and offset it so it gives it a bit of depth and then have the layer auto-orientation set to follow the camera. Is there any other way of doing it?

thanks in advanced!

Marco.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: Bouncing on a Keyed Dancer
on May 9, 2005 at 2:45:16 pm

I'm afraid there is no way to make the wall thicker. Even if you dupe the layer you can only have one layer as wall and it has zero thickness.

I totally understand what you are trying to do and it would be supercool but right now you just can make that kind of advanced footage interaction.

One thing that could look cool is to track some positions on the dancer (hands / heads / whatever) and attach particle emitters to them. This can be done.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Marco
on May 9, 2005 at 5:15:09 pm

Thanks for your reply Peder,
I've motion tracked the dancers hand and have particular doing some cool effects..so thats ok
I will work something out for the 2d layer...
but Its an awesome plugin! Keep up the hard work.

Marco.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on May 9, 2005 at 6:52:32 pm

I'd love to see a clip of this when you have something!

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Marco
on May 10, 2005 at 5:42:09 am

I definately will!

Marco

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]