FORUMS: list search recent posts

stroke not matching camera exactly...

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Johnson
stroke not matching camera exactly...
on Apr 19, 2005 at 1:37:58 pm

this is my first time using stroke, but i don't think i'm in over my head, just missing something.

i have a crest/shield graphic that has been built in illustrator. imported that as layers into my comp. i then copied over all the masks and made duplicate layers of everything. reason being that i want to draw (stroke) the outline of each shape/component and then fill in each shape using a simple linear wipe. simple enough, right? it worked fine in 2d using AE's stroke. the masks matched up perfectly and it looked seamless. then i added a 3d camera. all sorts of rasterizing problems, so i thought 3d stroke would be a better approach. my thinking is that the "outline" layer would need to be 2d with 3d stroke applied to it, using the comp camera. fine. but the fill layer would need to be an actual 3d layer, seen by the same comp camera. i have it set up that way, but the two shapes aren't lining up. i've checked scale, position, everything i can think of. they're all the same except for the fact that one is 3d and one is 2d with the 3d stroke applied to it.

sorry for the lengthy explanation, but what am i missing here??

thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: stroke not matching camera exactly...
on Apr 19, 2005 at 2:22:47 pm

The only thing I can think of is if you are using non-square pixel aspect. 3D Strokle does not support that.

Try chainging all solids w 3d stroke to squre. If that does not help, re-create all in a square comp.

HTH,
Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Michael Johnson
on Apr 19, 2005 at 2:44:06 pm

thats exactly what it is. the elements are all square pixel aspect ratio, but my comps are 720 x 486, with d1/dv pixel aspect ratio. so would i be better off changing the comp preset to 720 x 480, or changing the pixel aspect ratio of the comp to square pixels?

thanks for the quick response. i knew it had to be something simple...

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Apr 20, 2005 at 2:40:12 am

you should create the graphics in an NTSC D1 SQUARE PIXEL comp than drop that into the desired output comp and render out. (I think!)

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]