FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular Bobbylize?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Billys
Particular Bobbylize?
on Apr 6, 2005 at 10:43:47 pm

I'm wondering if this is possible? I'd like to make particles that have liquid like properties like merging but that look solid and are geometric. How is this possible? I'm also wondering how you would morph particles. Like a fellow member asked, example: a circle fills with particles, then the circle morphs into a square or some other geometirc shape and the particles shuffle around to fill the new shape. think of those old rice commercials where the rice builds different objects on the plate, or the bread commercial for bergen where the bread grains form different symbols.

Where do I begin? How would I constrain the particles made up of symmetrical shapes? and furthermore, how would I get them to morph into another shape? Is it even possile in particular? All this would be in 2d of course. Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Billys
Re: Particular Bobbylize?
on Apr 6, 2005 at 10:59:41 pm

oh ant btw an example sort of simialr is this: http://www.nextlimit.com/cgi-bin/showvideo.pl?movie=phantom_dance.mov&width...

of course not to that extreme, just imagine it being 2d with square particles.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Apr 7, 2005 at 8:01:10 am

To emit particles in a certan shape, check out the "Layer Emitter".

It's not possible to morph shape so that the particles actually move into new positions, but you can let them die and then have new particles born in a new shape. Not the same thing...

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Billys
on Apr 7, 2005 at 8:40:52 am

Thanks, is it possible to precomp an alpha morph and assigning the particles to it to mimic such an effect?

Return to posts index

Billys
on Apr 7, 2005 at 9:07:56 am

heres a better example of what I'm aiming for http://www.profoundeffects.com/products/gakpak/gallery/footage/waves_blocks...

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Apr 7, 2005 at 12:11:02 pm

[Billys] "is it possible to precomp an alpha morph and assigning the particles to it to mimic such an effect? "

Yes. And there are two sampling methods for the alpha: At Current Time and At Particle Birth.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

Billys
on Apr 7, 2005 at 3:06:45 pm

The only problem I'm having now is trying to constrain the particles to form the various geometric shapes. I've consulted the manual but with no luck. I'm trying to confine the particles using walls on an alpha mode. Do I have to contruct it like the floor bounce where I have to set up walls in 3d? http://www.flash4all.de/start.htm These 2d shuffling tiles is similar to what I'm trying to achieve, except mine are all symmetrical and shuffle into different shapes. Thanks again, I should have been more specific to begin with, sorry.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
on Apr 7, 2005 at 4:14:41 pm

I think what you are trying to do is not possible with Trapcode Particular.
If you want to confine particles in 2D you can use Particle Playground.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]