FORUMS: list search recent posts

particular - particles in the shape of a morphing object how??

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott
particular - particles in the shape of a morphing object how??
on Apr 6, 2005 at 2:35:26 am

hi,

i'm trying to constrain my particles to a particular (no pun intended) shape. a simple example: a circle fills with particles, then the circle morphs into a square and the particles shuffle around to fill the new shape. think of those old rice commercials where the rice builds different objects on the plate, or the bread commercial for bergen where the bread grains form different symbols.

is this even possible with trapcode particular? using a 3d program is not an option.

i have tried using walls/floors as a bounce object, but because the particles are in 3d space and my wall/floor is a plane, this doesn't work. you get all the other particles at a different z position going in front of / behind the shape i want them to fill.
i thought i could render a b/w animation of morphing objects and then just use the alpha as a wall - the "infinite plane" option seemed to suggest to me that the alpha could extend infinitely into z space (it's really only the z constraint i'm interested in, as the camera is locked off in front of the object).

any help appreciated!!
thanks,
scott.

Return to posts index

Peder Norrby
Re: particular - particles in the shape of a morphing object how??
on Apr 6, 2005 at 10:04:11 am

The "infinate plane" option simply means the wall or floor will extend endlessly, it will completely disregard the alpha and the size of the layer, it will just become ... an infinite plane!

Check out the "Layer Emitter".

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]