FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya or Arnold Memory Crash

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mig Randria
Maya or Arnold Memory Crash
on Aug 21, 2017 at 12:18:51 pm

Hello world,

I just turn over a lot of websites and forums trying to find any solution to my problem with Maya and Arnold.
To my dismay I can't figure out anything. So I guess I would try my luck posting a thread ; I hope some of you could help me a bit !

I just create a little statue with some vegetation around in order to make a turntable for my demoreel. I use Arnold as a renderer, and Maya. Then, it's time to render !

Everything goes fine, until 20th frame. Each time I'm going to render the next frame, Maya or Arnold accumulate data in the memory. Once the 32 go of memory reached, everything crashes. Windows crashes. My computer is out of control. When I'm not at home, I can't acces to my PC (with TeamViewer) anymore.

To prevent this problem, I just wonder if there is any way to flush memory before rendering a new frame -or- to allocate a max memory usage (say 25go) to maya, so that, if I'm not at home, only Maya crashes and I still could connect with TeamViewer to launch again the rendering where it stopped.

In the render options, I saw a Post Render Frame MEL tab, but I can't find any MEL command to flush the memory.

It would be a great pleasure to read some of you, sorry for my english, and spend a good day !
Thank you

Mig

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]