FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I make a bunch Tomatos roll out of a bag?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dhruv Sharma
How can I make a bunch Tomatos roll out of a bag?
on Mar 1, 2017 at 8:04:56 pm

Hi,

So Ive modelled a bag and placed a couple of tomatos inside it. What I want is for one tomato to roll over the others and come out of the bag?

How should I proceed with this? I have done dynamics before but not like this.

Thanks for any input

Return to posts index

Ali Jafari
Re: How can I make a bunch Tomatos roll out of a bag?
on Mar 2, 2017 at 9:55:15 am

It would be great if you could post a visual reference of the scene you're working on since it's hard to guess what you're planning to acheive. However, just going off the description and making assumptions about the scene, I would suggest that you'd simulate all other tomatoes in the bag using nDynamics first and then hand key the one tomato out of the bag. This way you have full control over the animation of the hero and also not fully depended on how nDynamics would handle the simulation of the objects. Of course there are a million other ways of doing this I'm sure but, this might be the simplest approach.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good Luck

Find my portfolio at Ali-Jafari.com

Return to posts index

Dhruv Sharma
on Mar 2, 2017 at 5:47:26 pm

So I tried it out using an nDynamic tutorial on autodesks help page namely this one: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cl...

And it works perfectly, however I cant use it as the tomatos need to be shown through the bag (which is made of a mesh) any way to change the spheres in the marble tutorial to be an instance of the tomato geometry?

Return to posts index

Dhruv Sharma
on Mar 2, 2017 at 5:49:58 pm

also I tried using softbody but the spheres i created just collapse. they dont retain their shape.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Mar 6, 2017 at 9:18:27 pm

I would use proxy low res poly for the dynamics.

Constraint parent to that before applying nDynamics then have fun :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]