FORUMS: list search recent posts

UV Unwrap aspect ration problem (Video included)

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivan Viduljevic
UV Unwrap aspect ration problem (Video included)
on Feb 20, 2017 at 4:40:43 pm

Hi Guy's well .. in short word i have a problem when i want to unwrap somthing with planar projection, i get different sizes of UV Shell that i must then resize,... Any ideas what i am doing wrong, ... i put short Screen record just so you can see what is problem.

Return to posts index

Ali Jafari
Re: UV Unwrap aspect ration problem (Video included)
on Feb 21, 2017 at 9:58:08 am

Hey Ivan,

In my opinion, you’re not doing anything wrong, except missing a final step. After you did all of your Planar projections the way you’d like then go ahead and select all of the UV shells and then open up the “Layout UVs Options” pop-up window under “Edit UVs” menu, or inside UV Texture Editor window under “Polygons” menu.

Then select the following options: for Layout objects choose “Single or multiple objects”, for Presale choose “None”, check “Flip reversed”, for Shell layout choose “Into region”, for Scale mode choose “Uniform”, for Shell stacking choose “Shape”, for Rotate choose “None” or “90 degrees”, for Spacing presets choose the appropriate UV map size you’re planning on using, and for Percentage space leave it as is or increase it to 1.

I’m using Maya 2015 so if the options look different in the 2017 version let me know and I’ll try to help with it.

Find my portfolio at Ali-Jafari.com

Return to posts index

Ivan Viduljevic
Re: UV Unwrap aspect ration problem (Video included)
on Feb 21, 2017 at 10:27:21 am

Thanks Ali, this post solve my problem :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]