FORUMS: list search recent posts

MASH Repro Node Issue in Maya 2017 (Image)

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lillian Young
MASH Repro Node Issue in Maya 2017 (Image)
on Sep 5, 2016 at 5:12:32 pm

I was working with MASH, following a tutorial when I noticed that I no longer had my Repro nodes. The square icons were replaced with checkered circular icons (see image).

I can create a new MASH network and have the normal Repro node return to that new one, but I've done a ton of work leading to this step (foolishly didn't work in Save Increments) and would like to recover it. I assume I may have pushed a wrong button as I'm new to MASH.

I've attached a pic and reached out to the YouTube instructor and MASH. Please assist if you can.

Return to posts index

Lillian Young
Re: MASH Repro Node Issue in Maya 2017 (Image)
on Sep 6, 2016 at 2:47:12 pm

Update for anyone interested: MASH on Twitter said to click the notes (script) icon and "Switch MASH to Geometry Type), but that caused a MASH script error -- no resolve on my old work. But it worked on any new MASH nodes.

It seems there's a bug in either Maya or MASH. I resolved this by starting the project over and this time, using Interval Save for each key step.

This was, I was able to monitor and isolate the issue.

In the tutorial I was following (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzZ5EcSOZis), at 3:53 in where you add material to, delete the history of and combine the geometry, the MASH Repro nodes all deactivated. I saw it this time because I was keeping an eye out. So I did each step one at a time with each interval save.

I worked around the del history by deleting in the the node editor instead of the conventional menu way. With each step that cause the repro error, I closed then reverted back to the older step, deleting the latest step (or the error would re-occur).

I was finally able to work around it this way, but now I am super nervous and over-saving. The machine I was using is almost 9 years old, so I don't know it that contributed. I'm going to finish it on a newer Mac.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]