FORUMS: list search recent posts

Extruding Edges Moves Entire Object

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lauren Anderson
Extruding Edges Moves Entire Object
on Jun 29, 2016 at 4:31:56 am

I'm using the Student version of Maya 2016 and am having a very frustrating issue. When I extrude certain edges on the object I'm working on, for some reason it'll want to move the whole object instead of any kind of extruded edge when I hotkey switch to translation mode. Using the translation tool within the extrusion mode itself causes weird effects, such as ignoring symmetry mode or rotating in on itself if I translate along the Y-axis. I checked a previous thread about this and neither solution applies: I don't have soft select turned on and the extrusion options don't help whether I reset them to the defaults or zero them out. Deleting my object history also hasn't solved the problem. And what's weird is that this only happens on a certain edges; others are fine, so I also assumed it's something happening by extruding improperly, but the poly count display doesn't show any pesky hidden faces when I select the affected area! The only way to really fix it is to delete the affected faces and start over, but this is a horrible work flow. Any ideas on what the issue is so I can avoid it properly? Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]