Maya Extrusion issue

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Billy debu
Maya Extrusion issue
on Mar 8, 2016 at 3:38:38 pm

Hello,
I am facing an issue while extruding...
Actually I am extruding the two opposite faces of a box (nothing special) and when I move the extruded faces up or down it moves in the opposite direction...
What can I do please ? (and when I use the standart move tool everything works perfectly). As a matter of fact it looks like the axes are reversed while extruding...
Here you'll find a screenshot...
Thanks

Return to posts index

Taffi Tasteless
Re: Maya Extrusion issue
on Mar 9, 2016 at 11:56:01 am

Very strange, I have no idea, just tried it after having read your posting.So it would be necessary to rotate 90°...or so...-I switched to Blender a few month ago and it was the best I ever did in CG....

Greets Taffi

Return to posts index

Billy debu
on Mar 9, 2016 at 12:19:44 pm

Thank you very much for your response !
Great to get someone else feedback about this issue...
If I understand well you're getting the same problem in Maya ?
Because I'm not so sure if I am the only person who has this ...

No reflection mode activated... Nothing special enabled ...

Thank you though for your concern !

Return to posts index

Mohammad Taha
on Mar 16, 2016 at 2:20:51 pm

Hi Billy,

How I know, this is a normal behavor at Maya...I know it looks first stupid but it is a normal behavor if you are selecting both faces.

BUT there is couple of ways to solve it. If you are trying to work exactly symmetry, U can just work one side and then dupplicate it and merrage both together.

OR (depends which Maya version you use) you can go at the "Tool Settings and there is a Section called "Symmetry Settings". there you have to choose at "Symmetry" "Object Z" and select just ONE of the two Faces and extrude it. He will then automataclly do the same to the other.

hope I could Help and sorry for my english.

cheers
Mohammad

Return to posts index

Billy debu
on Mar 16, 2016 at 2:37:10 pm

Thank you very much for your help Mohammad !
I really appreciate it ! Actually I have found an alternative which consists of selecting the move tool W right after the extrusion... And this let me move my extruded faces up or down without getting this strange behavior ...
Thanks for your help !

Billy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]