FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blend shapes and skin cluster input order

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Nuage
Blend shapes and skin cluster input order
on Feb 2, 2016 at 3:37:50 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm currently having a problem with my character rig. The model itself had already been rigged a while ago, but I recently needed to make some crucial changes in the geometry, so I tweaked it, deleted the non-deformer history and repainted the skin weights. After doing so I figured out that the blendshapes I previously created were broken, so I created new ones by duplicating the mesh a few times, deformed the copies, selected Add Blendshapes and also checked In front of chain as input order, pretty much the standard procedure.

Now for the problem, when I enable a blendshape for a facial expression, the head will go back to its default position, disregarding the deformation of the joints. When I check the input menu and try to move the blendshape input below the skin cluster Maya gives me the error message "skin_cluster is not deforming object".

Been trying around for hours and also couldn't find anything on google that solved this problem. Note that I need this rig to be working properly for an assignment that is due in a few weeks, any help is highly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Justin Lockwood
Re: Blend shapes and skin cluster input order
on Feb 5, 2016 at 11:22:40 am

When you tweaked your geometry, did you detach the existing skin first?

Return to posts index

Max Nuage
Re: Blend shapes and skin cluster input order
on Feb 8, 2016 at 7:02:07 pm

I sadly didn't! However, I figured that my mistake was combining the mesh with another mesh that I added to the main body. I ended up going back because the combine poly command and everything worked just fine! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]