FORUMS: list search recent posts

maya 2014 - nhair problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sadida lafer
maya 2014 - nhair problem
on Sep 1, 2015 at 11:11:49 am

Dear All,

i would need help in maya nhair. (i use maya 2014).
I have girl. She hasn't got a rig, we added rotation to the girl for testing the simulation. I made her hairstyle in Shave & Haircut, then i converted the "shave and haircut generated curves" to maya dynamic curves (nHair tab-make selected curves dynamic). I set up the hair's dynamic, the forces, and the collision. after setting the collisions , everything was ok, then after some "save scene" the collision disappeared. i thought its not problem, because i need to change her motion, and thought i will do the collisions again after i load a new geo cache. Then i loaded the cache, and the maya nhair curves stuck to their original positions, they didnt follow the follicles (only the follicles were ok, they were following the head geo correctly).

Then found a possible solution, which says:
1. select all follicles
2. in channel box set pointLock to noAttach (affects entire selection)
3. nHair:convert selection: to start curve end cvs.
4. hit down arrow (moves to first cv selection)
5. shift select surface(nCloth output mesh)
6. nConstraint: point to surface
I followed this suggestion, and a lot of curves appeared above the newly created nhair. now - the new nhair curves following the head geo.The playblast time increased a lot, like it didnt finish in an hour. I thought maybe i need to delete that lot of curves, and the simulation will be faster, but the situation is the same, i can not wait for playblast, it still takes a lot lot of time... . I dont know the hair stayed dynamic, or its static now, i can not test it. when i go to the attribute editor to see the nhair's parameters, its seems to be ok, everything is set up like before.

I tried another thing (instead of that solution above):
I converted the haircurves to "Start Curves) after the geo cache, now the playblast time is ok, its like a few minutes, the hair is following the head geo, but the hair stayed static..

Now i dont know what to do.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much! Have a nice day!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]