FORUMS: list search recent posts

Caustics Disappear in Maya MR Batch Render

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Schleh
Caustics Disappear in Maya MR Batch Render
on Mar 4, 2015 at 1:15:35 am

Hey, I'm having some weird issues with caustics disappearing during batch renders. Has anybody seen this before? The first half-dozen or so frames render fine, and then all the color/detail disappears and is replaced by transparent, and black. There's usually one frame where you can see the transition starting to occur. I'm rendering with mental ray, and using final gather, and an environment sphere to light the scene.

good:
rotatetostill_full.00691.png

Going bad:
rotatetostill_full.00692.png

Bad:
rotatetostill_full.00693.png

Return to posts index

Michael Kory
Re: Caustics Disappear in Maya MR Batch Render
on May 2, 2015 at 10:26:06 pm

Hi Joshua.

Did you ever resolve this? I'm able to render my caustics just fine in the Render View window, but they don't show up at all when batch rendering.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joshua Schleh
Re: Caustics Disappear in Maya MR Batch Render
on May 5, 2015 at 2:23:31 am

No! I never figured this out. The way I got around it was to just restart the batch render at the first frame that went bad and I would usually get about a half dozen before it would happen again. Sometimes it wouldn't work, so I would save frames one at a time from the render view window. It was slow going, but I got it done. If I had to guess, I think the answer lies somewhere in the render settings. I had 4 different machines rendering, and it only seemed to happen on the scenes where I had the quality settings turned up higher. Still so confusing. If anyone has any ideas about this I'd love to know.

The world is quiet here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]