FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ass backword workflow issue

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Turnbull
Ass backword workflow issue
on Jan 31, 2015 at 1:02:53 am

Hello,

I am working an annoying pipeline using Terragen3, maya, MudBox, GEocontrol2.
For reasons I am to stressed to take the time to explain, I need to ask if I can make a vector map, or a simple displacement map in Maya 2015, of a imported object, for use in Mudbox as a stamp or stencil.

So to be clear, I will import a terrain .obj from Terragen to Maya. And I want to make a displacement map from the top down of that object, to use in Mudbox as a stencil or vector tool. No Terragen does not let you export maps.

If I had Z-brush, which has no problems with tris, I would not ask. But since I am using Mud now, I am having tons of problems.
However, if you also happen to know (even though this is the maya section), if I can import the tris terrain from Terragen into MUD and get a good map even though it is not quads, I will be happy just to do that.

I am working in real scale. In this case 2K*2K meters. I can open the terrain object in maya just fine. But Mud freezes. I am trying to use a Terragen Zbrush Maya workflow with Mud rather than Z brush. I know it works well with Z, but Mud is causing me problems.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]