FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't save scene, create lights or cameras in Maya 2014 student version

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shay Bachar
Can't save scene, create lights or cameras in Maya 2014 student version
on Nov 30, 2014 at 4:59:49 pm

I am working right now on a school project and until Yesterday everything was absolutely fine.I have a 2014 Maya student version. I was working on my project at night. Save it, and went to sleep. When I woke up in the morning today, I continued to work on it but now when I tried to save it, I get a pop up that the file can't be saved and an error like this: Error: line 0: Could not save file "XXXX" (XXXX = File location). Additionally, When I tried to create a any light other than directional light I get this: // Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "performSpotLight". Same for Camera and aim and other cameras: // Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "performCameraAim". I am really not sure what to do as I'm afraid to restart the software because I'll loose everything I did today, also I'm not sure if i'll be able to open my older saved stages. Its important to add that I also can't see nothing on the script editor. I tried to open it and all I see is a blank window and got this error: // Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2014/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/startup/scriptEditorPanel.mel line 1281: Object '' not found. (See Image)

Any help will be extremely appreciated, as I am really stress about it. Need to submit my project soon.

All the best

Shay

Any H

Return to posts index

Kyran Bishop
Re: Can't save scene, create lights or cameras in Maya 2014 student version
on Dec 17, 2014 at 3:57:57 pm

Wow. That's a lot of error messages.

I'd recommend re-installing Maya. Don't worry about your license expiring if you re-install, you'll be able to register your key 10 times I think?

But yeah if you're having this many issues with such basic functions a re-install looks like your only option.

I'd also recommend saving your maya files as .ma as opposed to .mb as Maya Binary files can be very unstable, and Maya ASCII files will allow you to go into them in a text editor and delete the broken chunks of code from the file as a last resort.

Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]