FORUMS: list search recent posts

S>O>S> I have a Maya glitch

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eddy schwartz
S>O>S> I have a Maya glitch
on Oct 29, 2014 at 9:09:17 pm

I have been using Maya Autodesk 2013 for months. I am no expert, but I have created a few models. All was happy and smooth when suddenly...

I am in Polygon modeling. I create a polygon cube. I right click on the cube to Vertices. I select one vertice on the corner (any corner). I use the manipulator to drag that one vertice and.....

...to my horror...

...the entire cube moves. The more I drag it, the more it turns into a 3d parallelogram.

What a drag. I have already gone to windows, and reset my preferences to default, but that didn't give e back control of my vertices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And thank you very much for your time.

Eddy in Prince Edward Island, Canada

Return to posts index

eddy schwartz
Re: S>O>S> I have a Maya glitch
on Nov 4, 2014 at 11:06:02 pm

Did I hit a something on the keyboard by accident?

Any body our there?

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
on Nov 4, 2014 at 11:25:02 pm

seems like you might have the proportional and/or mirror options activated, double click the move tool icon and press the Reset Tool button at the top in the options.

that might help.

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
MIX Studio
http://www.varomix.net

Return to posts index

eddy schwartz
on Nov 5, 2014 at 1:27:21 am

Thank you, Alvero! I was about to do a follow up. Yes, you are so right. Here's what I did before I came back to Creative Cow:

Modification> Transformation Tools> Proportional Modifications Tools (check the box)> Distance Based On click off the X Y Z)

...which works, but on one object at a time... I will follow your lead, Alvaro, and thank you again for your response.

I will return with the results....

Return to posts index

eddy schwartz
on Nov 5, 2014 at 1:52:16 am

Alvero, the move tool was already set at default. To be certain, I Dble clicked on it (and the rotation and size tool), hit the reset which didn't seem to change anything.

So far, all I can do is repeat the maneuver as mentioned above. At least I can continue working on my model.

If there are more suggestions or ideas, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Matt Nielsen
on Mar 23, 2015 at 3:59:43 am
Last Edited By Matt Nielsen on Mar 23, 2015 at 4:01:20 am

When you select the component do the other components show up in a red and yellow shade? If so you may have accidentally enabled soft selection. Just press B again to disable the soft select.

To be honest it doesn't sound like this is the problem but you never know.

Return to posts index

eddy schwartz
on Mar 23, 2015 at 8:48:40 pm

hey Matt...

I discovered a while back what had happened. It was the brush size. To solve the problem, I pressed 'b' and dragged until the radius went to zero. I am back to making antique cars along with all you good model makers out there.

Thanks for the help, every one.

Return to posts index

Strath Hamilton
on Jun 16, 2015 at 5:56:11 pm

This helps so much

Strath Hamilton
TriCoast Studios

Return to posts index

eddy schwartz
on Jun 16, 2015 at 11:37:09 pm

that's what I love about internet and its technology. It allows us, people from all over the world, to communicate and learn from one another.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]