FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shaders on Objects creating "flaky black spots"

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juli Shvets
Shaders on Objects creating "flaky black spots"
on Sep 23, 2014 at 1:03:40 pm

Hello. I've been trying to shade this for a while and at first everything was working smoothly until i got to the eye and the goggle rivets. In any assigned material it takes up those black...specks, and when i preview render the image, it messes up the coloring and textures of whatever I apply to it. I have tried deleting every material and going from scratch. I just now applied a lambert to the whole piece, but the same problem persists. Can't figure it out, really hope someone knows what's up.

and when i try to render it, it gets a bit "flaky" in parts.

Return to posts index

Phil Radford
Re: Shaders on Objects creating "flaky black spots"
on Sep 24, 2014 at 1:20:45 pm

Hi, looks very much like a near clip plane problem with your camera. Go into your camera attributes, set near to something like 0000.1 and the far clip to 1000000 see if that helps.

Return to posts index

Phil Radford
on Sep 24, 2014 at 2:01:17 pm

or try that the other way around, try to increase the near clip plane.

Return to posts index

Juli Shvets
on Sep 25, 2014 at 2:55:33 pm

Thanks for the reply. I tried doing both..it did change it a little bit, but depending on how much you zoom in or out the black parts stayed. The render looks the same too.

Return to posts index

Phil Radford
on Sep 25, 2014 at 3:28:33 pm

hmm well it doesn't have any bl;ack spots in the render, I only see white splodges. Are you sure you haven't got any other geometry intersecting, it looks like geometry fighting for the same space, you haven't accidentally done a very small extrude? What happens to the scene if you add a standard sphere and the same shader?

Return to posts index

Juli Shvets
on Oct 1, 2014 at 12:45:40 pm

Thanks, that seems to have solved the problem. I think when I extruded the iris, I managed to duplicate it as well.

Return to posts index

Phil Radford
on Oct 1, 2014 at 1:02:14 pm

Glad its all worked out for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]