FORUMS: list search recent posts

Confusion with UV mapping...

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaclyn Alexander
Confusion with UV mapping...
on Sep 12, 2014 at 2:46:40 am
Last Edited By Jaclyn Alexander on Sep 13, 2014 at 6:06:59 am

I'm experimenting with adding texture to a 3D model I created in Autodesk Maya 2013 and I got as far as unfolding the UVs in the face and neck area alone. I figured I would move onto adding texture to the rest of the body after I get this part figured out. However, I'm already confused... I believe I selected the same faces I originally selected for my UV Snapshot, but when I proceed to apply the quickie texture I created, the texture isn't sitting properly on my model and my image file won't display in the UV Texture Editor even though I toggle the display icon for it. To elaborate, the mouth area which I colored in is now on the back of the head of my model and it's broken up. Its placement is all wrong... I just want some practice for now before I commit any of the designs, but I can't even seem to get this part figured out before moving forward and it feels so complicated. Also, where it says "Link To Layer Set" in the Attribute Editor is greyed out so that I cannot make the selection of "color" from the drop-down menu as I've seen some tutorials explain is what you're supposed to select in order to connect the PSD network. I'm clueless at the moment.

Are there any short and simple tutorials that you recommend for this phase? I've spent the past two days searching with no luck. Did I do something wrong outright? Editing the rotation values almost seems to work as it does seem to change where the lips sit on the model, but I can't get the lips precisely on the right faces of the model. How could I fix this?

In my searches, I found the same dilemma as what I'm going through and while someone replied with a solution, it sounded far too advanced for my current knowledge or for me to make it work on my particular model. If you could explain this to me so that I could apply it to my model, I'd really appreciate it:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/modeling/problem-adding-textures/m-p/5230047/...

Again, any help is very much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Jaclyn Alexander
Re: Confusion with UV mapping...
on Sep 13, 2014 at 7:19:38 am

Nevermind... I finally found the solution to this problem. It was posted in another forum and even still it requires that you explore around a little bit, so it's not 100% straightforward to a complete beginner but the solution lies here:

Window -> Relationship Editor -> UV Linking -> UV Centric

I'll leave this posted here in case anyone else runs into the same problem and they happen to like the Creative Cow forums for solutions...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]