FORUMS: list search recent posts

my characters eyes disappear in the quick render!

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Lingard
my characters eyes disappear in the quick render!
on Aug 31, 2014 at 11:19:45 am

Ok so trying to render off some work to put in my show reel so I can apply for a job tomorrow!

Sadly for me nothing seems to go to plan and for some reason when I do a quick render on the model his eyes disappear! I can see the eyes clear as day in all the view port windows but as soon as I do a quick render they disappear!

Now I have tried reloading the texture and that didn't work, I then even tried assigning the default lambert1 to the eye polygon and still nothing showed in the render...

I've included an image of what is happening, please please please can someone help solve this problem!

http://images.creativecow.net/203218/renderissue.jpg

Thanks

Chris

Return to posts index

Niklas Hansen
Re: my characters eyes disappear in the quick render!
on Sep 4, 2014 at 10:04:17 pm

Hey,

Have you downloaded the model or created it yourself? (If you created it yourself, no need to keep reading)
The reason i ask is that i had a very similar problem to the eleven rig a while back.

First off, i assume the normals are correct so they're not pointing inwards?

Secondly, on the eleven rig the eyes actually had a small retina in front of the eye itself to get that glossy wet feeling. The problem was that the retina was parent of the eye, not by constraints but with drag and drop (if you get what i mean). If i highlighted the eye in the viewport and put a new shader on it the retina wasn't affected as i couldn't highlight it. This made all my renders show the same result every time because the retina stayed the same just in front of the eye.. in shorter words, find your eye object in the outliner and check if there isn't a retina mesh as parent to your eye mesh and hopefully it's as simple as re-assigning shaders to your "retina"-mesh.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]