FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need recommendations on a good tutorial for a particular effect.

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Javier Chacon M
Need recommendations on a good tutorial for a particular effect.
on Aug 27, 2014 at 6:54:13 am

Hey everyone, I'm working on a short film while learning to do VFX, so far it's been pretty decent, but mostly because I've worked with Element 3D and After Effects which is not nearly as complicated as other software.

I'm working on a shot in which a wall explodes, and the debris falls into the camera. I tried composing 3D debris footage mixed with some dust, and dirt charges, and a lens flare, but as much as I kept tweaking it still looks pretty awful and fake.

So, I've seen videos where they use this kind of effects (a wall or something else blowing up) and it looks very realistic (within reason).

Good example here: Minute 1:24, Andrew Kramer shows how he did it

The effect I'm trying to achieve is something very similar, just a different angle, and debris falls towards the camera.

I own Maya, but don't know how to use it. Which is why I'm posting this, the VFX for the short film so far have been done entirely following tutorials and have worked great. (time consuming, but looks good) So, I'm looking for tutorial recommendations on how to achieve this kind of effect. I've heard you can use nCloth destruction or something like that.

This is the shot, and how it looks now:

I don't like how it looks, one bit. So, please any tutorials on how to achieve the effect I showed you on the first link by VideoCopilot would be of excellent help. Thanks in advance :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]