FORUMS: list search recent posts

My main interface is not showing when I open Maya up again.

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oscar David
My main interface is not showing when I open Maya up again.
on Aug 5, 2014 at 12:05:51 am

The other day I was working with two displays, and had my "Maya" workspace on another monitor. I guess I must have not done something right when I closed up my computer. Now when I open Maya, the workspace window along with the tabs for attribute editor and Channel Editor are gone. I don't know where to find them.

On the top panel, all of the normal options are still there. I can even open my graph editor. Or UV texture editor. But I can get my workspace area grid back on. Can someone please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Oscar

Return to posts index

Niklas Hansen
Re: My main interface is not showing when I open Maya up again.
on Sep 5, 2014 at 9:42:45 am

The problem is that some of your windows are still on the other screen, even though it isn't plugged in any more.

One solution is to reconnect your screen, drag the windows back to your main screen and then unplug it again. This solution have always worked for me but i would guess that it will work by deleting your pref folder found at "documents/maya/2015-x64/pref". Note that this will reset all maya settings, including your custom made shelfs etc, which is why i havn't tried this solution myself for this problem as its relatively easy to reconnect a screen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]