FORUMS: list search recent posts

2014 Viewport film/resolution gate

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Pozzer
2014 Viewport film/resolution gate
on Mar 30, 2014 at 4:24:11 pm

so i just upgraded to maya 2014. the project im starting now is in vertical/portrait orientation. when i set my resoultion, in this case 1000x1500, turn on film and resolution gate, the viewport maintanes its normal wide aspect. i can see the gates are being drawn, but only at the sides... the tops are extending off the top of the viewport and this basically makes the gate overlays useless as I cant frame my shot now. im sure im missing some simple new check box to correct this, but i tried googling though i dont realy know how to describe the problem. nothing useful. hopefully someone here knows how to solve it?

this should illustrate the problem...

thanks!

Return to posts index

Aaron Pozzer
Re: 2014 Viewport film/resolution gate
on Apr 1, 2014 at 2:08:32 pm

no answers? well a friend of mine solved it for me.

in the viewport, go to view->camera settings->and choose either fill or vertical.

this was still not enough, and i was still losing the top of my frame out of the viewport, so he told me you can hold \ and right click and drag to zoom the viewport in and out. this let me zoom out and see my entire render resolution gate.

problem solved, though why its a problem now in 2014 and never was before... who knows. hopefully this helps someone.

Return to posts index

Sanaullah Sanu
Re: 2014 Viewport film/resolution gate
on May 7, 2016 at 6:59:12 am

thanks dude... :)

I was loosing hope on 2016. but your post solved that issue :)

Thank you so much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]