FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera Tracking Issue

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Brookwell
Camera Tracking Issue
on Feb 12, 2014 at 6:41:38 am

Hope this is the correct forum. I am working on a shot that tracks linearly from left to right down a street and the entire shot takes place over about 100 feet. I am trying to add 3d into the scene and need to track the camera however matchmover doesn't give me anything good (the grid plane is all screwed up plus my actual image gets stretched and moved around). I tried after effects and exported that camera out and it gave me what seems to be an accurate track however in maya I get a grid that isn't locked in place.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated as this has been an issue for a long time now for this specific shot. Thanks so much.

Dan Brookwell

Return to posts index

Geoffrey Kfoury
Re: Camera Tracking Issue
on Feb 15, 2014 at 12:09:03 am

Hi Dan,

It sounds like you may want to try another tracking program, Syntheyes and/or Boujou should do the trick. Each of these programs, like other matchmoving programs, have specific details in that you must follow, though they stick to the foundational principles of matchmoving. If your shot is really long, I may suggest splitting it up into various segments and possibly converting it to image sequences and importing those into your matchmoving program of choice.

Geoff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]