FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to reduce number of keyframes (ex: delete every second one)

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Kaczmarek
How to reduce number of keyframes (ex: delete every second one)
on Nov 20, 2013 at 4:56:59 pm

Hi,
I imported face mocap data with Faceshift to Maya. It looks like baked animation with keframes on almost every frame. I was wondering does anyone knows a method or a script to delete some inbetween keyframes from a range of keyframes (for example every second one for each attribute). I want to smooth out some part of animation on brows and other body parts.

The best solution that I can come up would be script that would delete all keyframes that have too much of a difference in a value than keyframes next to it.

Example:
Animation Length = 1000
Number of Keyframes = 900 (not just on 'full' frames, but also in between them)
I want to select keyframes between time 200-300 and smooth out this part.

Deleting them manually would be tedious job for long animations.

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this? or at least a good reference how to call this problem for google search, as so far I was unlucky with it.

PS. I do most of cleanup inside of Faceshift. However I would like to be able to do some time-effective final cleanup in maya.

Return to posts index

Adam Kaczmarek
Re: How to reduce number of keyframes (ex: delete every second one)
on Nov 22, 2013 at 10:40:57 am
Last Edited By Adam Kaczmarek on Nov 26, 2013 at 9:57:57 am

Someone (on different website) suggested me to use Simplify Curve tool in Graph Editor > Curves and that seems to do good job.

//edit:
There is also 'Resample Curve' in the same menu, but what is more important, there is a script that is very useful. I was introduced to 'Red9 pack' for maya, free tool by Mark Jackson. It contain 'interactiveCurveFilter' which is extremely good if anyone would like to decrease number of keyframes on Curve. It even has live preview.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: How to reduce number of keyframes (ex: delete every second one)
on Nov 22, 2013 at 7:19:22 pm

Thanks for posting the solution, Adam.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]