FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya Rendering

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Baxter
Maya Rendering
on Oct 28, 2013 at 1:44:17 pm

I'm very new to Maya I'm more use to using Cinema 4D but for my course I have to learn Maya. I've gotten through the exporting process fine for the most part but when I take the AVI file into Premiere or After effects there are added frames where there aren't meant to be any. In Maya I have set the frame rate to 25 fps (PAL 25 as I am in the UK) but when I have exported it and taken it into premiere it has shown up as exported at NTSC 30fps (29.97fps) How do I change it from exporting at 30fps to exporting in 25?

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Maya Rendering
on Oct 31, 2013 at 10:18:17 pm

Max, you should never render an AVI out of Maya. Render out a frame sequence instead. Do a search for previous posts on the topic--I think it's come up a few times. Good luck!

Return to posts index

Max Baxter
on Nov 1, 2013 at 9:46:27 pm

I tried that but I can't get it to export as multi-frames unfortunately. What can I do about that? Any recommended settings that I should use to make this work?

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Nov 11, 2013 at 3:39:02 pm

You have to choose a filename pattern that includes the frame number. So, 'filename.#.ext' or 'filename.ext.#'. I usually use the first one. You probably also want to use the Frame Padding attribute to pad out to a certain number of digits, such as 3 or 4. This means your frames will go: 08 .. 09 .. 10 .. 11, instead of 8 .. 9 .. 10 .. 11, which can sometimes cause problems for other software.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]