FORUMS: list search recent posts

[SOLVED] Rendering frame sequences directly from Render View (NOT "Batch Render")

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kimberley Hansen
[SOLVED] Rendering frame sequences directly from Render View (NOT "Batch Render")
on Oct 5, 2013 at 11:18:01 am

UPDATE: No idea how this happened, but the Renderview extension (http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/script/2167/download_page) I had installed somehow got nuked. Reinstalled the 2011 version against Maya 2013, and all is well.

Hey guys,

I feel sort of like I'm going insane :(

For the dozens of times I've used Maya in the last three months, there was a menu (or menu option?) in Render View from which I could render a sequence of frames...and actually see them, individually, being rendered...right there in Render View. Now, that menu is gone. I don't remember what it was called, because...I wasn't expecting it to disappear? All I can think of is that I must have accidentally disabled a plugin or something. Note: I DO know how to "batch render". Unfortunately, this does not help me. I am animating object visibility using Bonus Tools AudioWaves, and these animations can ONLY be seen using renders produced using Render View.

So...just to make sure this is succinctly described:

OBSERVED: User has no ability to render a series of frames from directly within the Render View, and see them being individually drawn, one by one, IN RENDER VIEW.
EXPECTED: User can render a series of frames from within Render View - user does NOT have to 'batch render' from the Render -> Batch Render menu option, or by clicking the "Maya Software...etc" dropdown from within the Render View window.

Many thanks in advance...I'd really like to figure out what happened to this menu! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]