FORUMS: list search recent posts

Joint Rotation "Freaking Out" when Parented to another joint.

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart Kets
Joint Rotation "Freaking Out" when Parented to another joint.
on Jun 1, 2013 at 12:21:00 pm

So I am in the process of rigging the Arm Setup for my Character. After having made a Spine setup.
I simply want to connect the clavicle to a central spine joint. Each spine joint has a Aim Constraint and Point to now hidden Locators. All Spine joints are connected to a Chest Control that i can rotate and translate well with. (Everything working as it should.) Anyhow, I select my Clavicle then Parent it to my Spine Joint 'bn_spE01'. Now i select my Upper Chest Control.

Once i rotate it in the X Axis it suddenly flips over from it's negative values to Positive Values.
Giving me a very strange result. It weirdly glitches like this constantly as i try to rotate it.
I'm also given the following message at the bottom of my screen.
'"// Warning: Cycle on 'bn_spE01.worldMatrix[0]' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //"'>"// Warning: Cycle on 'bn_spE01.worldMatrix[0]' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //"

I'm really not sure what to do. I'm not sure if it's an issue with my Parenting? The Local Rotation Axis's both match each other. I'm following a Digital Tutors Tutorial where the Tutor seems to have no problem in replicating this seamlessly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]