FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matchmoving

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Clegg
Matchmoving
on May 28, 2013 at 4:50:06 pm

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a newbie with 3d modelling and matchmoving so my apologies if my of my questions seem a little naive.

I'm trying to match a tracking shot of a couple of actors sitting at a table in a greenscreen studio with a room I created in Maya 2011. I'm using Boujou to track and it seems to have worked ok. The problem is that when I import the camera data into my Maya project it doesn't appear where I want it and I can't move it to the correct place. OK,I just need to move the scene around, right? But when I select everything apart from the camera and revolve it every shoots off in different directions.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Ben van Hamelen
Re: Matchmoving
on Jun 1, 2013 at 4:33:14 pm

I haven't used Boujou all that much, since I'm more of a PFTrack man myself. PFTrack creates a camera for you which you can use in Maya. If you set everything correctly (framerate (both in Boujou/PFTrack and Maya), focal length, film back, etc) it should work just fine. But then again, I'm not sure if Boujou gives you a camera.

Either way, based on the information you have provided I can't really tell you with any sort of certainty what the issue is.

http://www.fireinthesole.com/

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Matchmoving
on Jun 6, 2013 at 8:40:50 pm

Try grouping everything and then just moving the group.

It sounds like you're transforming objects that are facing in different directions / have different pivot points. By grouping them you package them all up into one container and everything should stay together as you manipulate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]