FORUMS: list search recent posts

Challenge! Maya nCloth Transform Constarint Problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Baldridge
Challenge! Maya nCloth Transform Constarint Problem
on May 11, 2013 at 9:43:13 pm

Hi Ladies and gentlemen, Who would like a challenge?

I am hoping that someone can lend me some expertise to fix a vexing problem. To the point:

When I select vertices on my nCloth object (a tablecloth in this case) and try to attach the vertices to a Transform Constraint the Transform Constraint does not attach to hardly any of the selected vertices and to confound me even more it always insists on attaching itself to one vert at the very corner of the nCloth object regardless as to whether I selected it or not.

Now, this is a very hi-res mesh and I have tried selecting the vertices with both soft selection and without to no avail.

Hopefully someone on here can knock some sense into me if I am missing something silly and simple.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Paul Boyd
Re: Challenge! Maya nCloth Transform Constarint Problem
on Jun 14, 2013 at 4:40:39 pm

Are you smoothing the object post-sim? It sounds like the vert numbers of your input mesh and your cloth mesh are different. Try "nMesh > display input mesh" then make your selection and apply your constraint to that mesh, then "nMesh > display current mesh" to get back to your simmable one.
Without seeing the scene, it's difficult to gauge exactly what's broken.

Also, soft selection is only for the transform tools, it doesn't actually change what verts you have in your working selection i.e what constraints etc... will affect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]