FORUMS: list search recent posts

Modeling using image plan and correct perspective?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Hybiak
Modeling using image plan and correct perspective?
on Apr 20, 2013 at 5:19:54 am

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to use a reference for my model (in this case, a stock image of a baby crib I found online). I understand the idea behind assigning image planes in the orthographic views, but that isn't really ideal since the image isn't drawn, but a photo, and therefore has depth. So when using an orthographic view, it doesn't really match very well after a bit (as orthographic views show a flat image, no depth).

So I've been trying to set up a separate camera with an image plane and trying to match depth, but quite frankly, I have no clue what to do here. There doesn't seem to be any logical workflow to making this happen.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. How do you guys handle modeling using a reference that has depth? Thanks!

- Dan

Return to posts index

Arnold Takundwa
Re: Modeling using image plan and correct perspective?
on May 6, 2013 at 9:34:19 pm

I would suggest finding out what brand of crib is in your image. Then, try to find front, side, and top perspective images of the crib. If you could find images of all the perspectives of the crib, you could assign each side to each camera (front, top, side). If the images all match, and you model each perspective exactly, then it should work...

Arnold Takundwa

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]