FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will any version of Maya work on a Dell Inspiron e1505?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amber Garfield
Will any version of Maya work on a Dell Inspiron e1505?
on Apr 3, 2013 at 1:34:34 pm

Hello, sorry to ask a computer question instead of something about actually using Maya. I want to learn the program, but my computer is six years old and I don't want to waste money getting a version of Maya that won't work on my relic, or finding out that I could have gotten a more recent version to learn on.

I've tried looking up the system requirements but I can't figure out what's actually on my computer. For instance I don't think it has a video card at all? Buying a new computer just isn't an option right now. If anyone has the time or inclination to help me figure this out I'd be greatly appreciative.

Return to posts index

Ben van Hamelen
Re: Will any version of Maya work on a Dell Inspiron e1505?
on Apr 5, 2013 at 2:38:28 pm

I'm pretty sure it'll run. But don't expect it to perform miracles; rendering will be rather slow for todays standards. The E1505 only has 2 gb of memory and a very dated processor, whereas pretty much every modern pc or laptop comes with at least 4 gb and more and more often with 8-16 gb, not to mention quadcore processors.

It really comes down to what you aim to learn. If you want to go completely batshit insane with particles, then it probably won't have the required specs. But for regular modeling and texturing it'll probably do well enough for starters, just rendering a bit slower.

Closing: The above is my estimation. Don't take my word for it. I don't want to talk you into purchasing something so awfully expensive as Maya and finding out it doesn't run smoothly at all.

http://www.fireinthesole.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]