FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing + filling in polygon faces

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Hybiak
Removing + filling in polygon faces
on Mar 21, 2013 at 9:53:57 pm

I'm trying to figure out a simpler method of doing this, and I've attached some photos for reference:

How do I remove multiple faces from two sides of a polygonal object, but have it so the faces "fill in" along the sides? For example, in the images I've attached, I'm trying to make a baby crib. I want to remove the highlighted areas seen in both images, but when I delete them, I'll typically have to bridge the edges of those two areas to maintain the "solid" look of the object, otherwise it just appears hollow.

Trying my best to explain this, lol, hopefully I'm not too confusing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Image Side A:

Image Side B:

Return to posts index

Sergi Galí
Re: Removing + filling in polygon faces
on Mar 22, 2013 at 12:15:24 pm

Try delete and after that Append to polygon tool to connect the faces one by one.

Return to posts index

Daniel Hybiak
on Mar 22, 2013 at 7:49:29 pm

hmm...there's no way to do this in bulk?

If that's the only method, guess I better get goin! lol =)

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Mar 25, 2013 at 6:21:59 pm

You use the word 'bridge' in your original post... not sure if you are using it generically or if you're referring to the Bridge tool, which works quite well for this.

Delete the faces, then double-click an edge on the outer ring to select that whole ring of edges, then shift-double click on the inner ring to add that to your selection, then use the Bridge tool with 0 divisions.

The edges probably won't align properly by default, but you can just tweak the Bridge Offset attribute until you get a clean result.

Hope that helps (if you weren't already aware of it!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]