FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mouse buttons have changed?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colby Fulton
Mouse buttons have changed?
on Mar 19, 2013 at 4:06:32 am

I'm considering upgrading from maya 2011 on the mac, and I've tried the 2013 demo of maya. I find it almost impossible to use because the left mouse button brings up a marking menu instead of normal left mouse button behaviour. I have to use the middle mouse button on my apple mouse... The one with the ball. As anyone who's used the middle button on this mouse, it's not ideal as you always scroll a bit with the ball while you click. Overall,I really never use the popup menu in maya so don't want to use a primary mouse button for such a secondary function. As i remember, view rotation also wasn't normal. Is there a way to revert mouse buttons to previous versions of maya, or do I have to get a new customizable mouse etc? Or am I doing something wrong? This seems like a bug.

What a pain!

Return to posts index

Daniel Hybiak
Re: Mouse buttons have changed?
on Mar 21, 2013 at 9:28:17 am

I'm...kinda unclear. Maybe its just me, but I haven't noticed any mouse button changes. Always been the same: pick one, two, or three button mouse settings in preferences, and that's about the only control you have.

Honestly, I know this isn't a solution, but regardless, I would get a nice ergonomic mouse, or better, a Wacom tablet. If you have the space for a mouse, you have the space for a tablet, I would imagine. Well worth it.

Return to posts index

Colby Fulton
on Mar 23, 2013 at 4:34:25 pm

I do have a great Wacom tablet... I'll try it. But yeah on my mac the lmb and mbb seem to be reversed.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Mar 25, 2013 at 6:10:19 pm

I can't imagine this is a change in the software. More likely a bug in your settings or something. Can you configure it through your OS? Or try reinstalling or wiping your prefs to start?

Return to posts index

Colby Fulton
on Apr 16, 2013 at 5:23:45 pm

So... when you hit the shortcut for scale, you can use your left mouse button and start scaling right away? For me it brings up a 4-direction popup menu for scale xyz, scale x, scale y, scale z. Totally unnecessary as there are the different axis boxes to grab. I have to use the Middle mouse button to grab those things and start scaling normally, which I don't want to do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]