FORUMS: list search recent posts

multiple viewports showing same view

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Chard
multiple viewports showing same view
on Feb 26, 2013 at 8:27:05 pm

I've got multiple viewports in MAYA 2013 showing the same view: when I change the view in one viewport, the others change too.

This seems to be a fairly common problem ("maya all four views showing same") but I've yet to see an actual cogent solution.

So, what IS the good solution? (Surely there's a "reset viewports" somewhere.)

Thanks.

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: multiple viewports showing same view
on Mar 1, 2013 at 8:22:05 pm

Hi Eric.

I'm not sure this is a bug... Maya has four viewports, and each can be set to show a different panel of information, including camera views. You can and should be able to set multiple viewports to have the same view of your 3D scene--you can then further customize them by showing only certain types of geometry in one, or doing a 2D pan/zoom, or only showing textures in one but not the other, etc.

In your toolbox on the left of your screen are a series of layout buttons that should let you reset your viewports to a default; 'four view' is a common starting point that should use one each of the four default cameras for each panel's view.

If you're describing something different, like multiple viewports showing not just the same camera but the same panel (e.g. two copies of the Outliner, the Hypershade, etc.) that's something different... I'm not sure what might cause that.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]