FORUMS: list search recent posts

nCloth sails don't get affected by wind :(

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Wit
nCloth sails don't get affected by wind :(
on Feb 21, 2013 at 9:28:17 pm

Hello,

This is the first look of a model I combine for my first real project in Maya: 6 mins film.

I applied nCloth to these 3 sails while keeping them hanged. This gives them nice flow when I play the scene.

My problem is: You see this fan that is selected? It's an airfield. It just doesn't affect the sails no matter how I play with the attributes of any of the sails or the airfield.

When I try to create a different scene like a flag and apply nCloth and airfield, it does work and the flag flaps withe the wind. But here my sails don't do that.

Any advice?

Return to posts index

Lee Wit
Re: nCloth sails don't get affected by wind :(
on Feb 24, 2013 at 10:55:34 am

OK, while no one replied yet let me add some.

I actually found the solution for that. Now air effects the sails.

But the other problem is that no matter how I play with nConstrains attributes I can't manage to keep the sails hanged to the the hooks. They resist air only to a very low strength level, then they detach an fall. But I need more than that in order to design strong air effect in my entire movie.

Any idea?

Return to posts index

ban maraqa
Re: nCloth sails don't get affected by wind :(
on Dec 20, 2015 at 9:20:20 pm

Hey! I do understand your problem, you only need to group your cloth with the rest of the object so that when you apply the air field it will affect and move the whole thing, just pick your cloth and the other stuff then press ctrl +g for windows or command +g for mac
I hope it works... good luck. =)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]