FORUMS: list search recent posts

new to maya having som problems

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
viking jonsson
new to maya having som problems
on Jan 26, 2013 at 1:04:03 pm

Hello,

I'm new to Maya and 3D but I'm trying to learn. I've been watching som tutorials but there are some thing I can't find and I don't know what to google at...

I would like to learn how to put to objects with a bit of distance between them together, for example: if i have to cylinders how to make them into a pipe?
And how to only push in a picked area on a face?

I don't know if I made any of this understandable..

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jacqueline Johnsen
Re: new to maya having som problems
on Feb 17, 2013 at 7:01:14 pm

Not sure if I understand what you want, but if you meant: having two cilinders at a different angle and wanting to connect them with a rounded corner piece you can do it with Bend. Simply create another cylinder (or use this one instead) make sure it has a couple of subdivision heights . Go to your "Deformations" shelve (right above your viewports) and select non linear bend. If you select the object and go to your bend settings you can adjust the curve.

If you can't find the curve or subdivion heights settings, they become visible if the object's selected and your "Channel box/Layer Editor.
It's an icon on your top right or under the Display menu under: UI Elements -> Channel box layer editor.

On the face question. A face cannot be altered. It is formed through a number of vertices (points) which you can select by rightclick and hold on an object and selecting the vertex option. Not sure if that helps, because I'm not sure what you mean.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]