FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya for Windows on a Mac machine gets me keyboard trouble!

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Moh
Maya for Windows on a Mac machine gets me keyboard trouble!
on Jan 13, 2013 at 7:20:53 am

Hello Maya experts,

I'm learning Maya. As student, I installed it on my MacBook Pro running Windows 7 with external full Mac keyboard.

I have a problem with the whole right side of the keyboard (the numeric side and the one above the 4 arrows). Windows and Maya don't recognize these parts and they assign different functions to the buttons. This gets me in a mess while using Maya.

Examples:
1- The Insert button (which should control the pivot point of an object in Winnows keyboard) is called 'fn' in the Mac keyboard, and it doesn't control the pivot point. I realized that the 0 (zero) button on the right side controls the pivot instead.
2- Smoothing function (which works by using the right numeric keyboard buttons) doesn't function at all. I have to go to smoothing from menue.

My question is: Is there any software I can install on Windows that helps recognizing Mac keyboard as if it's a standard Windows keyboard?

PS: I know I can get Maya for Mac and work on Mac OS but I'm following an online course and instructors only work on Windows.

Hope you can help.

Lee

Return to posts index

Otto Lindqvist
Re: Maya for Windows on a Mac machine gets me keyboard trouble!
on Jan 24, 2013 at 3:16:17 am

Maya for mac and for windows are similar. Only difference I've found so far is pivot point control which is, as you know, insert in windows, but it's home in mac version. Isn't your smoothing working from 1, 2 and 3 on top of keyboard? At least I'm using those all the time. Actually I didnt even know that there's possibility to use numeric keyboard for that.

Have you tried using on screen keyboard? It should solve your problem at least if nothing else. It can be pain to use it tho.

If it's not moving, animate it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]