FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for a place to start

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Pietras
Looking for a place to start
on Jan 5, 2013 at 10:54:37 pm

Hello, my name is Martin.

I recently have been accepted into multiple colleges for a degree in animation. I'm and avid draftsman and have always been curious as to how to bring my work into a new dimension. I have recently purchased maya as it will be needed for my courses which I will be attending after this school year. My reason for this post and for joining this forum is to get a head start using this program. Since this forum has many experienced users most likely that have started from the point I have; I would like to ask for some helpful hints, ways to get started, and so on and so forth. I have yet to touch the software so my experience can be written off as a newcomer.

Return to posts index

Ben van Hamelen
Re: Looking for a place to start
on Jan 9, 2013 at 9:07:46 pm

Hi Martin,

I always recommend people who are just starting out to take a look at the Digital Tutors courses, especially their Introduction to Maya course. It's where I started and it gave me the best start imaginable. It has you making stuff within hours. As you progress, you can check out their intermediate courses and focus on what you like. They have loads of course.

Note: I'm not being sponsored by Digital Tutors. The course just is very good. They aren't very good at advanced courses, but I reckon that's of no concern to you right now. Good luck!

Regards,

Ben van H.

http://www.fireinthesole.com/

Return to posts index

Lee Wit
on Jan 20, 2013 at 12:39:12 pm

Hi Martin,

I agree with Ben. I am in the middle of the course Ben is advising for (Intro to Maya from Digi-tutors) and it a is a great start for beginners like you and myself.

Hi Ben,

Would you recommend me to keep with Digi-Tutors in the intermediate level? Some people are advising for FXPHD. Would it be too early to go for FXPHD after this course? I would appreciate any advice.

Regards,

Return to posts index

Ben van Hamelen
on Jan 20, 2013 at 6:27:05 pm

Hi Lee,

Yeah, I think Digital Tutors is pretty much the best source for beginners and intermediates. But FXPHD has some nice 101 courses as well, just not as many. The Gnomon Workshop also has stuff starting from intermediate to advanced. Those three have really been my main sources over the past years.

But for now your safest bet would be Digital Tutors.

Good luck,

Ben van H.

http://www.fireinthesole.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]