FORUMS: list search recent posts

maya fur problems

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Whitney
maya fur problems
on Dec 30, 2012 at 10:57:06 pm

Hi, i'm new to this forum sorry if i've posted in the wrong place.

I'm having problems adding hair to a character in maya. I have decided to make a wallpaper in maya of characters from minecraft and I have just about finished modeling steve and i'm now adding textures etc and i've decided instead of using a picture for hair i'd actually use nhair. I've given up with trying to style it i'm finding it difficult to style the short hair i want so have reverted to using the mouse fur preset and just editing its properties.

The only thing is that the fur isn't covering the whole of the head it has like bald patches as hopefully you can see from the screen shot (p.s. i know the model looks weird i attempted a human like take on minecraft and its the first time i've modeled a face.) I have also added screen shots of the UV map and what happened when i tried to unfold it as i have been looking at tutorials online and they say about unfolding the UV's and thats the best i can get. I have also shown a screen shot of the hair model bit without fur applied so you can see what it looks like.

I am not very good at using maya and am still learning i would like to get into full animation but i can barley model or texture at the moment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]