FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image Sequence Problems

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart Kets
Image Sequence Problems
on Nov 8, 2012 at 4:19:09 pm

So this is sort of a problem possibly more with Premiere Pro CS6 than Maya itself? Yet i thought most people who are Batch Rendering Image Sequences from 3D Projects in Maya into an Editing Program might run into the same trouble as i am.

Ok, so i have Batch Rendered a Scene in Maya. My files render as "R.1.jpg" and so on. Then in Premiere i Import the First Still of the Sequence, Tick "Image Sequence" Box and Accept.

Rather than a Image Sequence being imported I only have the first still of the Sequence.

I saw on the Premiere Pro Website Forums that when making an Image Sequence for Premiere Pro one should have a equal number of numbers for each file so, R.09, R.10 would work whereas R.9, R.10 would not. If that makes good sense?

Anyway, Maya does not add a equal number of numbers at the end of each still in the image sequence's file name. Realistically i cannot go through 3,000 Stills and make each the numbers in each File Name equal. That would be insane.

Is this even the problem?
What am i doing wrong?
Is there a special Frame/Animation ext setting i'm ignoring in the Render Settings Window?

- Sincerely, A Stressed Animation Student.

Return to posts index

Ben van Hamelen
Re: Image Sequence Problems
on Nov 9, 2012 at 9:04:47 am

What you're looking for is the Frame Padding setting in your general render settings. It's set to 0 by default, resulting in framenumbers being 1, 2, 3, etc. If you set it to 1, it'll be 01, 02, 03, etc.

So at this point you could either re-render, but if that takes too long, there are Windows Explorer-like programs like Total Commander which have the option to rename entire sequences. I can't tell you exactly how it works, but I know it's possible.

Good luck,

Ben van H.

http://www.fireinthesole.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]