FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animate Text Along an Object Like in This Tutorial?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lillian Young
Animate Text Along an Object Like in This Tutorial?
on Oct 20, 2012 at 8:50:40 pm

Have you seen those ads where 3D text animates around objects like cylinders? This tutorial starts to do it, but the instructor never teaches the proper way:

I searched threads here but the replies are all dated. I'm using Maya 2013. Any help (meaning a video tutorial link) would be appreciated.

PS - I'm trying to avoid C4D because I'm more comfortable in Maya.

Return to posts index

Lillian Young
Re: Animate Text Along an Object Like in This Tutorial?
on Nov 18, 2012 at 7:27:20 pm

I wish I could delete this or edit the part saying he "necer teaches the proper way" because since then, Stu (the instructor in the tutorial I posted) has gone above and beyond to help me. All I had to do was reach out to him to begin with.

Thanks, Stu. You are the absolute best!

Video/Motion Graphics Editor

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
Re: Animate Text Along an Object Like in This Tutorial?
on Nov 20, 2012 at 5:38:12 am

You are most welcome Lillian. Sometimes understanding the quirks and quarks of Maya can be frustrating for even the most seasoned users. In the case of Flow Paths, there's some inherent problems that probably need to be addressed by AD, but in the meantime I am making it a point to get to the bottom of how to fix the "wonky" endings when the text nears the end of the path and goes haywire before resetting itself to the path. Anyway, glad you are on the right path!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]