FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flair Motion Control camera data to Maya?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brandon blomolux
Flair Motion Control camera data to Maya?
on Sep 29, 2012 at 7:10:46 pm

Hi, trying to import a camera move from Flair into Maya. I will then send the information to After effects. I found this document http://www.cameracontrol.com/MelScript/mel_help.html
but, as I am not a maya user I find it pretty complicated. Are there any recourses out there that describe the process in plain terms?

Brandon

Return to posts index

Simon Wakley
Re: Flair Motion Control camera data to Maya?
on Sep 30, 2012 at 11:36:10 pm

Hi,

Getting moco data into Maya is relatively simple. Doing it in a way that make sense with the footage you have shot is not a simple task and requires a lot of understanding of the process as well as data about lenses, film backs, distortion etc.

If you are not a Maya user, then I would recommend getting someone who is to help you with this. However, the basic data is in the .html file you found.

If you simply select the file you want and hit import, it should bring the camera motion into Maya. It will bring it in in the correct units and in the same place relative to the origin that the Flair camera was.

You can email me if you need more help simon at cameracontrol.com
or I just added my cell phone at the bottom of the html file.

Send me the Flair file before you call so I can have a look at it.

Simon

Return to posts index

brandon blomolux
Re: Flair Motion Control camera data to Maya?
on Oct 1, 2012 at 3:11:21 am

Cool, thanks for replying. I will email you in a couple of days. I imagine there is a chance that I exported my data from flair wrong, maybe thats why I am having a hard time importing into maya.
Brandon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]