FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to save keys for -all- keyable attributes?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Lambright
How to save keys for -all- keyable attributes?
on Sep 26, 2012 at 9:31:00 pm

I'm new to Maya, so this may be a noob question, but am I mistaken thinking that hitting "S" at a frame in the timeline sets a key for all keyable attributes? If I set a Key Frame for an object at a certain frame, and the object has several attributes set for glow, color, etc., does hitting "S" not really key the other attributes as well?

I've found that when I move an object and set a new Key Frame, the position is keyed just fine and the previous Key Frame keeps the earlier position, just as it should. But if, at the new position, I change the color or glow, the color or glow gets changed all the way back to Frame 1. The earlier Key Frames, wherever I hit "S", keep the position, but they don't seem to preserve color, glow, etc.

So, is there an easy way to select a given frame and then effectively freeze position and all attributes at once, in effect keying everything at that frame in one fell swoop? Is the only way to do this to go through every attribute in the Channel Editor and individually "Set Key" for everything, one by one? (I'm running out of Tums already just thinking about it :/ )

Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]